Blog Archive

Thursday, May 7, 2009

어버이 날

In about one hour it will be Friday, May 8th 2009 here in South Korea. May 8th is Parent's Day in Korea, or 어버이 날 in hangul (Korean). They don't celebrate a Father's or a Mother's day separately as we do in the West, but a joint celebratory day in honor of parents. I've learned from my students and my Korean "mom" Joanne that children traditionally give carnations to their parents on 어버이 날 morning and sing them love songs. Since John and I cannot be near our dear parents on this day of honor to give them carnations and sing them songs, we put together a slideshow to honor them and show them love. Mama D, Mama-zoub, Papa D, and Papa-zoub: WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH. Happy Parent's Day to the best parents out there.


2 comments:

Barclee said...

ah! i loved it! and i love when you guys blog!

Anonymous said...

Thank you guys! I loved it! really, best thing you could have done. I have showed it off to everyone thats come over today! love you both very much!