Blog Archive

Friday, November 7, 2008

Motivation is a fickled wench.

I just wanted to use a provocative title. However, for me, motivation has been extremely fickle as of late. For the past couple of days, I haven't even wanted to get dressed in the morning...not really, anyway. I have to get dressed, because I have to go to work. What I mean is, I haven't wanted to get dressed up. I just wanted to roll out of bed, throw on some jeans and a t-shirt, put a hat on and head to work (Ferial bought me this really cool brimmed beanie / tam-type thing that I haven't gotten to wear yet). I haven't wanted to do my hair, or shave, or take the time to color coordinate an outfit, down to my socks. I just haven't had the motivation.

I think it's because we got cosmically screwed out of a three-day weekend last week. We were told that Monday the 3rd was our Community Centers birthday, so we had the day off. Which would have been cool, as the 4th was my birthday, and we would have had the opportunity to go to Seoul, after a relaxed weekend, and celebrate a little bit. As it turns out, we ended up getting a call at about 11 0'clock, Saturday morning, informing us there had been a horrible miscommunication, and that the Center's birthday was actually on the 17th (a wonderfully less convenient time for a 3-day weekend). So, that just totally took the wind right out of our sails, we canceled our plans for the entire weekend, stayed in bed for most of the day and spent the evening doing chores.

As it stands, we work this Saturday (a great prospect, since we make some really good coin doing it...we're just tired), have a wedding to go to on Sunday (which I think will be really fun), and then it starts all over. It will be 2 weeks straight with no real break. Now, I don't say all this merely to complain (I'm trying to stop complaining so much. Since coming to Korea, I've realized I do this far too much). I'm just trying to explain why I didn't have the motivation to put on a tie this morning, even though it would have matched really well with the rest of my outfit, right down to my socks, which match the grey stripes in my shoes and the yellow of my shirt.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...I've had the problem for like a year....well, maybe longer, like my whole life :)
Miss you guys bunches!! :) We're going out to celebrate Matt's bday, bummed you won't be with us.
i also have your curtains and am sending them soon.
I swear.

anthony thomas creech said...

getting dressed up everyday sucks,
unless you wake up way too early cuz you went to sleep on time.

anthony thomas creech said...

i forgot to add "I think it's because we got cosmically screwed out of a three-day weekend last week"
was my favorite line.